Beatroots at Pllek
It looks like it is going to be a reasonably spring evening. Warm enough to head north and visit Pllek. Every Saturday you can enjoy a “dynamic pick ‘n mix of spicy-fresh sounds”, as Pllek words it themselves. Can’t do Saturday evening or not into ‘spice-fresh sounds’? Start up your Sunday morning in a relaxed way with a yoga workshop at Pllek.
Boom Chicago – Angry White Men: Trump up the volume
19, 20 & 22 May – See agenda for other dates
Boom Chicago just launched their new political comedy show: Angry White men: Trump up the volume. And although we haven’t seen this new show yet, we do know that Boom Chicago’s shows are normally hilarious. Bringing American culture and Dutch culture together in a humorous way.
Concerts at Het Concertgebouw
21 & 22 May and every Sunday morning
Het Concertgebouw is the main classical concert hall of Amsterdam. This weekend the Dutch Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra plays music of Händel and Shostakovich in “War & Peace”. The concert is conducted by Hartmut Haenchen and is on Saturday & Sunday evening. On Sunday morning the Lendvai String Trio, plays Schubert, Sibelius and Röntgen for a wonderful Sunday morning experience.
- World Press Photo Exhibition – 16 April to 10 July 2016
- Springsnow in Amsterdam – 21 April to 21 May 2016 (LAST WEEKEND! Although nature is not that strict)
- Energetica – 22 April 2016 – 1 January 2017
- Vondelpark Openluchttheater – 2 May – 25 September 2016
- 2016: Year of the Amsterdam School – The whole year